Tuesday, July 7, 2015

La semaine de miracles!

June 29, 2015

So this week was what I would call a week of miracles!  We found 11 new amis de l'eglise.  That I think is a record for the mission but I'm not sure.  Anyways, on Saturday we had a rendezvous with Marie Anne.  She has the cutest baby.  We talked about the Plan of Salvation.

We also had a rendezvous with Edgar, the one that I didn't show up to the rendezvous...but this time I did.  And it was awesome!  He listens very well and really tries to understand.  After our amazing lesson about Joseph Smith, his mother came storming in with laundry.  I introduced myself and she was nice.  But then as I kept talking to Edgar she interrupted and said that she doesn't want us to come back because she doesn't want us to manipulate him.  He is seeing a counselor for something and she thinks we are like the jehovas witnesses (ugh not again).  So we're trying to work that one out and have a rendezvous with the mother to discuss our message with her.  But we'll see I guess.

We met a woman during porting that was widowed (I think) and she was very sweet.  Her name is Caroline and she has two adorable little girls that were smiling the whole time.  She told me that she has some serious worries in her life right now.  I wanted to start talking about the Book of Mormon with her but I felt very strongly to talk about the life after this life.  When I asked her her thoughts on it she said, "ya know, that's exactly my worry.  I just have such difficulty in keeping my faith that I'll see them again."  It was a really good moment and we talked for a bit.  Left them with a prayer and will pass by them in a few days.

We also met with a 19 year old couple who are not married.  They know nothing about religion and didn't even know what catholic was...so I tried my hardest to help them.  They listened well and seemed to have a desire to know if God was there.  Sadly at the end of the rendezvous I forgot to give them an engagement!  Ughh.  I can't stand it when I forget things.  So they didn't have any homework this time but next time I won't forget.

We then found Jeanne and Francois.  They are the only africans we are teaching right now and when we gave them the Book of Mormon they were very grateful.  I called them yesterday though and they said they didn't read it.  Hopefully they will read some before our next lesson.

Also while my colleague was on the phone, I decided to contact a man walking by me.  At first he seemed a bit angry but after talking he decided that we could pass by his house and talk to him a bit.  We passed by yesterday and he explained that after death of his wife his life started to fall apart.  He doesn't believe in God anymore.  I told him that I just wanted him to try.  Just to try and pray but he is too stubborn to even do that.  My first actual lesson with a complete atheist in my mission haha.  At the end I decided that the Book of Mormon was a good idea for him because he likes to read and has no electricity.  So when we explained it he listened intently and said he would read it.  Maybe in reading the Book of Mormon he will want to believe again.  We left him with Alma 32 so that should be a good start for him.

And finally we did some contacting in a little ville about an hour from ST. Brieuc with the english members in our ward.  I was with one and while we were walking, he asked me if we could contact a man with tatoos sitting down on the wall.  He looked extremely depressed after I started talking to him. But he listened to everything I said.  He didn't say much.  He thanked me for the Book of Mormon and gave me his address.  But here's what's cool:  He couldn't remember his phone number so I told him to call me when he gets home so we can plan a lesson.  While leaving I thought it would be the last time I saw him but two days later he called us!  That NEVER happens.  He wants us to come back and have a drink with him.  It was extremely cool.  Just goes to show that people can really surprise you haha.

So now that we have all the amis, I'm starting to get a bit tense because I don't want to mess up.  It's hard to try and discern these people's needs but I can see just how possible it is with the Spirit guiding us.  God has given us a big responsibility at St. Brieuc and it's because we wanted it.  When we endure trials and succeed, God blesses us.  And that's about it.  Sorry it's so long.  Oh and we also went to the coast with some members and took some cool pics.  Have a good week!  Au revoir!




Yummm!

Clear water and white sand.  Kind of cold though. 
Exchange with District Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment