Thursday, January 19, 2017

Alencon

July 27, 2015

Bonjour!
So I just moved to a beautiful but tiny french ville called Alencon.  We have a car and there are actually three of us.  It is by far the best companionship I have ever been in.  These past four days have honestly felt like a whole transfer in the best of ways.  I have never laughed so much.  I say we are more like brothers.  We got on right off the bat.

Elder Sherren and Elder Ashcroft 
But this week we basically got to know the ville and our amis here.  There is one that is supposed to be baptized before I leave (in 3 weeks!).  But honestly I don't feel like he is ready.  He comes to church every week but he just doesn't seem to understand too well.  I feel like he is doing better though during our lessons.  He also listens to the Book of Mormon every night so he is quite dedicated.  He's also extremely nice to people.

And we have a few other amis here but I won't spend time to explain them because I don't have a lot of time honestly.  But they are cool.  There was also a woman th
at came to church last week because she was interested in the church and we'll be teaching her on Wednesday.  Lots of cool things happening here.  And it is the first ville in my entire mission where when I arrived here there were amis.  Every other ville was like I was opening it.  No one.  So I was really happy about that.

We also spent some time getting to know the 5 MEMBERS here haha.  When I found that out I couldn't help but laugh.  Smallest branch in the mission and there hasn't been a baptism here in five years.  They are actually thinking of closing it down.  So it's up to us to save it and get some more members.  I am so happy that I will be finishing my mission here in Alencon and with my comps.  I couldn't have asked for anything more honestly.  It is bliss.  Have a nice week!  Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment